Virtual Gig 3
Saturday October 15th, 2022 – 6pm CST
After 2 exciting and unforgettable nights of performances, it is time for the 3rd installment of the Virtual Gig!
Our student concerts are the highlight of the year for us and many of our students. 2021 brought us the first and second Virtual Gig’s to fill in the gap when live performances weren’t an option for many. I know many have been waiting a long time to do it again.
Why You’ve Got To Do This
Every year our students make the most progress in the 3 months preparing for the student concert. It will supercharge your motivation by lighting a big ole fire under your posterior. I can hear a huge difference every year in the students who perform.
The students who perform also tell me just how much it helped them and how exciting it was to do.
Sure it’s scary. It is for everybody, but that’s par for the course. Everyone who has ever gotten on stage to perform has felt that same feeling. Facing this fear will be one of the best things you’ve ever done.
Even though the lockdowns have ended, the Virtual Gig is a great opportunity to get unique and low pressure performance experience under your belt. Every time you step onto the stage, whether in person or on camera, you will deepen your understanding of what is needed to perform. Your guitar playing skills will tighten up and bring a greater depth of knowledge that you cannot get without doing it yourself.
Click the video below to hear from students about how awesome our Student Concerts really are. A lot of what is in that video applies to the Virtual Gig. It will also help you get a vision for what you can do in the future and what we are preparing for.
The Virtual Gig will be the best opportunity for new performers to get their feet wet without having to actually be on stage. So, if performing scares you, then this will be less risky and easier to do.
For students who have performed before this is your opportunity to keep your performance skills up.
It goes beyond the obvious benefits of preparing you for a live performance. In an ever changing world, where video and online content is so common, this will also prepare you for making and releasing videos online, getting more comfortable sending rehearsal videos, and more.
How To Sign Up
- You must be an enrolled student.
- Consistent practice habits and effort in your guitar playing (skill level and experience doesn’t matter at all, we will get you there).
- Totally committed to playing in the concert and attending the rehearsals the week before and day before the performance.
- Pick a song you want to play. You can use a backing track to play over, perform solo, or perform with other students. I will leave all that up to you to decide.
- Song length is 5m or less. It can be longer if multiple students are performing together.
- Music notation/tablature, backing track, etc. will not be provided.
- You can do multiple songs if performing with another student(s).
Signup ends July 31, 2022. There are limited slots, the sooner you sign up the more likely you will be to get in.
I will provide you with support and instruction to make it the best it can be. There will be 2 bonus rehearsals(these times are on me and do not count as lesson time).
- Rehearsal #1 – October 7th, 2022 6pm PST
- Rehearsal #2 – October 14th, 2022 6pm PST
- Virtual Gig 3 – October 15th, 2022 6pm PST
The Virtual Gig is free for all students to perform in and for attendees to watch live. Invite your family and friends to attend virtually and gain new fans. 😉